Friday, August 29, 2008

Beef Stew

This I kinda just make with out any real recipe. Here's most of the ingredients:

That stove is as clean as it gets. It is 13 yrs old now and between boiling vinegar for pickles, a huge water bath canner and the cast iron double burner griddle the paint has peeled away in places and there are permanent brown rings baked around most of the burners. Anyway on with the story!


I only used half the meat and froze the rest. I chop the meat into bite sized pieces, coat them in rice flour, salt and pepper, I heat the pan on medium high, add olive oil and a couple cloves of garlic. Brown meat in batches until all is browned. Sautee onion, garlic and celery until soft then deglaze the pan the rest of the way with white wine. I used boxed wine for cooking. I doesn't go bad before you can finish it that way. Finish cooking onions, add beef broth. Chop carrots and add in, add back the meat chop the potatoes and add them too. I also added green beans and granulated kelp.


This really didn't need anything added to thicken, it turned out perfect on it's own.

No comments: